Monday, October 31, 2011

Cheap/Easy Halloween and Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Sorry the pictures are lame but here is a $3 centerpiece for Halloween or Thanksgiving that literally takes 3 minutes!

Go to Dollar store and buy straw colored crinkled packing ( in gift bag section), a bag of candy corn and a vase.

Pour 3/4 of the bag into the vase.  Pour candy corn over the top.  Take an appropriately colored ribbon.  Cut to size of the diameter of vase with an extra 1/4in overage.  Put one dot from a glue gun and Whoo hoo you're done...  Literally think it took me longer to type this that actually do it!

We used this for a few tables at our church chili cook off.  I think they look adorable!    BTW there was more candy corn but there were quite a few hands that got into this one!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by caramelpotatoes - fun to meet you! love your blog- following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your link at the All Things Fee blog hop. I always love a good, quick, and easy craft. I think I might be the slowest crafter on earth so this is right up my alley. I'm a new follower. I would love it if you stopped by for a visit.

    Rhonda@scrappysugargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick, easy and cute! Love it! Thanks for joining in at the Rock N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very cute centerpiece, and I like the $3 and 3 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute, affordable idea!!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up at {Junk in their Trunk}. This is such a cheap and cute idea!! Love it!! Dont' forget to stop by tomorrow and link up again!!

    ReplyDelete