Friday, March 8, 2013

Jesus loves you ... and peanut butter balls.


I had a friend when I was little that invited me to Vacation Bible School.  I had only really ever gone to my own church activities so this was fun to visit another church.  I don't remember a ton..  Just tracing my body to make a lifesize cutout..  It had something to do with Jesus..   and then singing about Jesus... and some other things about Jesus.    Which is similar to my church...  but then we made these delicious Honey Peanut Butter balls..  which also somehow related to Jesus..  don't remember how...... but for years I remembered these treats but had lost the reciepe.

Thankfully with the invention of recipe sites I as an adult was able to look it up and make them at my house : )

Here is a link to the recipe:

  • 2 cups dry powdered milk (adjust based on the amount of honey
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/2-1 cup Honey


  • Mix all ingredients well until stiff enough to shape.
  • Form in balls about the size of a walnut.
  • Chill well for 2 - 4 hours.




They are super simple..  Delicious.. and now I think about Jesus everytime I eat them..  Well played VBC.. Well played...

No comments:

Post a Comment