Friday, July 1, 2011

Crashes, Frames and Salad

I've been a busy girl the last two weeks...  This was by far my quickest and most expensive project of the week... YEAH ME!  Thank goodness we have insurance and friends that fixed it : )

After a little yelling.. (which I totally deserved) The hubby was amazing and supportive and cheered me up!


So we've been in the house since January and I keep not doing anything in the dining room..  and it was really bugging me...  
SO..  I visited a few stores and did a few crafty things...  and it's still not done...  but... We're closer : )

I went to goodwill and bought a bunch of.... not very attractive frames.....
I sanded them down and then used paint to cover up the uglies ;)
For my large frame I started out with the white and stain and then covered and did paper towels and water to let some of the white come through.


Here is everything on the floor getting ready for hanging.  I'll post the finished product when everything is actually finished : )

Above are where I got the supplies for this...   This whole project cost around $30!  WAY cheaper than if I had purchased any of these premade or paid for new frames.

Here is a quick salad that I made for the House Party.  Very nice for Summer.

One Bag of Spinach
Handful of Almonds
Handful of Dried Cranberries
6 or 7 sliced strawberries
Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing

Stalk Hop Friday
#ff63e0

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Friendly Friday & a new follower, love the frames! www.themoonchyldechronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry about the car! Your frames turned out awesome! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about your crash. I think your frames look really great though. :) I used the floral fabric on an organizing board that I made recently, super cute!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete